Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Greenville Zoo!!!


The family and I went to the Greenville Zoo today. Not a bad place at all. Awesome variety of animals and cages close enough for you to actually get a really good look. I wish there was a way around the bars in some of the photos. Short of talking with the owners and getting inside I think we're stuck with 'em.  


They had a petting zoo area. My six month old, Eli, loved it. He was all smiles and laughter. This shot was pretty straight forward. After dialing in the exposure (frickin sun was all over the place, shadows and whatnot) I set the lens to 28mm and held the camera down in front of the pig as it walked toward me. 


They had a nice aviary (walk-in bird cage). Still, the best part was how close it is.


Eli and wife. Even if you headed to a place you don't think you'll get any good photos from, bring the camera anyway and shoot everything. Practice makes perfect. I had a great opportunity to practice exposure settings in harsh sunlight one second and shadows the next.  

 Again, wish those cage wires weren't everywhere, but what are you gonna do? It is a zoo after all.

Put the camera on the tripod, set the timer and ran to join my family on the bench. Not a bad way to spend the possible last day at home. I should be leaving tomorrow for Ft. Leonard Wood for two months of schooling. If I end up going I'll be leaving you all for a while...two months. My camera will be with me, but my computer will not. I use a custom built desktop, so, not hauling that down. Thank you for checking out my blog thus far. Trust me when I say that there is lots more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment