Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Freakin Creepy Carnival


Hello to all once again. I know it's been a few days. Over the weekend I was working security at Wausua's 66th annual 4th of July Celebration. In some of my off time I took advantage of the photographic opportunities. I've never shot a carnival, fair, whatever you want to call it, before. I found that some of the coolest shots came after the park closed. Since I was part of the crew working security I was able to wonder through the area freely and photograph til' my hearts content. Of the four nights I was there I only shot during one of them. Long days, let me tell you. I was tired.


For this shot I wanted to show the emptiness of the park. Walking around I couldn't help but be reminded of Left for Dead, the zombie video game. One of the levels takes place in a carnival.


I almost fell flat on my face when I jumped that fence. Funny part is the gate was open...which I discovered on my way out. I love the shadow "e" figures, if you haven't guessed by now. It adds a sense of mystery and perhaps some overall creepiness. Either way, I like 'em.



Interesting story behind this sunset shot. On that particular day the clouds were awesome all day. There was lots of them and they had a great texture. Needless to say that I knew I'd be shooting the sunset that evening. When the time came I had no idea where I wanted to shoot. I jumped in the truck about 45 minutes from "go time" and drove off into the middle of nowhere. About 30 minutes later I found this swamp marsh area. I loved the reflection in the water, so, enduring the bugs I set up and took a few shots. My composition is based on the "rule of thirds". The sun falling into one of the cross hairs (you'll understand this if you know what the rule of thirds is).

Tomorrow I'm leaving again for several days. Hopefully I'll return with more photos for you. Until then, get off your ass and go shoot something (photographically speaking)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment